Outfit Rotation

Just a small suggestion, which may even be planned but not yet implemented.

Now that we can set several looks for each outfit category, it would be great if these could be cycled daily, so that zoi’s did not always default to the “signature look” when automatically dressing on getting up, bathing etc. As it stands, creating several versions of everyday or sleepwear seems meaningless if only the first is ever used.

I am getting around this currently by changing the signature outfit periodically, but I find even short load screens interrupt gameplay, and there is no real difference between selecting an outfit you have made for a particular zoi and one saved to presets, which is what I used to do (other than decluttering outfit presets).

Unless there is already a way (which I have not worked out yet) of changing outfit without going into CAZ to style the zoi?

9 Likes

I think it’s just necessary when changing into a different type of clothing, then you just need to create a selection panel where the player himself will choose which option he needs to wear.

2 Likes

Yes, that would also work.

1 Like

I agree with the OP. I think a nice solution would be the ability to assign outfits to days of the week as well as “home” and “night time”. Not sure how much game logic would be required but it would be amazing, from a simulation standpoint, if my Zoi changed into sleepwear or “housewear” after a certain time of night. Might be asking a lot but maybe not if situational outfit change logic already exists.

Not sure if it would make more sense to do it on the household level or the individual Zoi level. And like the OP said, the load screens really break immersion.

2 Likes

I have just discovered (ie: read it from another post on the forum) that outfit rotation is enabled by checking a box in CAZ. This is disabled by default, so outfits will not rotate and zois will default to the signature outfit in each category. With it checked they should randomize between any created situational looks.

So glad to have found this; given I have not made a new character since this was added, I would never have noticed; I just expected outfit rotation to be enabled automatically as the patch notes did not mention it being an option!

2 Likes