[09.25.26] One Year of “Brainstorm with Kjun” (Updated)

Thanks for keeping in mind that the SmartZoi should eventually be translated into all the other languages, including French, so that other players can use it as well. I understand that it’s still experimental, but English speakers shouldn’t be the only ones who can benefit from it.

Also, please consider looking into the Zoi wishes again. Since the latest update, there seems to be a bug where some wishes disappear on their own before the time runs out or before we even have a chance to complete them. At the same time, both the variety and the overall number of wishes have been drastically reduced.

At the moment, a large majority of the wishes seem to boil down to spraying the bed sheets. This is really frustrating for players who enjoy letting their Zois’ wishes guide their daily lives and activities. I really hope this can be fixed, because the wish system was much more interesting when there was more variety and we had enough time to actually fulfill the wishes.

4 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And not a single one on the official forum!

It’s kind of funny… But very sad, really.

:sleepy_face: :sleepy_face: :sleepy_face:

8 Likes

And there’s no mention here that the developers read the forum, consider the suggestions and comments, and take them into account. Nor is there any mention of the fact that the issue of freely creating Zoi will be addressed (I’ve been writing about this for several months now — 0 attention!); we also wrote about garages, roadblocks on plots, parking lots, etc., for a whole year — 0 attention!)

Why do we need well‑developed Zoi if we can’t freely create them the way we (the players) want? Why do we need improved personal transport if their storage and ownership aren’t well‑developed?

5 Likes

When I see that the message is once again addressed to Discord and simply copied onto the forum, I have to admit that it’s disappointing and really makes me feel less and less motivated to share ideas for InZOI.

Kjun says that he has read all the messages, but I find that difficult to believe. With the constant flow of messages on Discord, ideas are shared all over the place, and Discord is much less structured than the forum. Some suggestions can therefore easily get overlooked. It’s difficult to imagine that he can genuinely go through all the suggestions and discussions in depth.

I’ll take @Carnel message about Russian-speaking players who don’t have access to Discord as an example. This is a real disadvantage for them, considering that they continue to post their ideas and feedback on the forum without really knowing whether they are actually being read or taken into consideration.

That’s exactly why I find it disappointing that the forum is treated as nothing more than a place where messages from Discord are copied, rather than being used as a genuine channel for discussion and for collecting ideas and feedback from the community.

At this point, I’m almost tempted to take the ideas posted on the forum, copy and paste them onto Discord, and simply add a link to the forum… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Honestly, that would be perfect! :+1: :+1: :+1:

It’s just that I’m paying attention to Kjun’s account statistics. I don’t think he uses any other account to browse the forum, and without being logged in it would be very difficult to track anything here - new messages appear too frequently.

Truth be told, I got a glimmer of hope today that something might change. That at least the comments in “Brainstorming” he will actually read. @Kjun, if that really turns out to be the case - many will be truly happy. Although, of course, we would like it if the actual threads from “Suggestions” and “Brainstorm” were read. At least in overview, briefly!

For now - just two screenshots to show what changed. For the past week and for the entire past month:

You can see that at least the comments to this message have finally been viewed now. That’s already incredibly pleasing!

But there weren’t many suggestions here. Really few! Everything important - it’s in the respective threads…

But let it be this way. It’s better than nothing!

And with cautious hope I’ll leave the links to 2 incredibly, in my view, vital topics again (on the same subject, just showing - how it is now, and how it could be)

Maybe they’ll notice it now? A bit earlier than the next Chuseok? :folded_hands: :folded_hands: :folded_hands: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is honestly what I started doing with most of my wishlist posts… I basically compressed them because of the letter restriction and posted some of them there. The forum literally seems to be a place for Forum members to talk to each other…

4 Likes

should title this One Year of “Brainstorm with Kjun” (on discord) or 1 year of stuff kjun doesn’t read anyways.

i hate to be the negative nancy but someone has to do it. please kjun, we deserve better than what we’re getting

I’ve been away for a while and now I’m re-reading everything from before and what’s new.

I think hearing about improvements is always welcome.

Honestly, I’m very demotivated about being part of this forum. I saw The Sims being born and change over the years, and that’s given me a perspective on the path video games take over time. This makes me think that Inzoi in 2030 won’t look like Inzoi in 2025, but watching the process is distressing.

So many ideas about improvements and fixing things, so many ideas about game modes, forums that are read and applications that stand out above others.

I started playing Inzoi simply because I like social simulators apart from builders. I was thrilled to know that this would have a multiplayer mode and even more so when I saw all the AI support in the process.

Now I’m not sure what direction it’s taking or where it’s going. I know they’re constantly fixing things and improving, and although there’s still a lot to do, it seems they’re committed to keep improving, but lately I’m seeing the game as too repetitive, without essence.

Literally, you’re born, you grow, you reproduce, and you die. You have to play with more than one family for interesting things to happen, and the limitations within the game weigh more and more. Sometimes I get the feeling that nothing posted on this forum reaches the right people, or at least they don’t interact with us the way I’d like, and other times I feel like Discord is in charge, with a bunch of people who don’t even know what they’re asking for. This discourages me.

I appreciate being able to have a game with these characteristics, but it doesn’t make me feel like I’m part of a community. A divided community, without future vision, self-centered and impatient and nothing analytical.

I hope they don’t end up destroying this project like they’ve done with other games. I’ve seen games born with a purpose, and because of a handful of community members who talk more than they breathe, developers have ended up making decisions that have destroyed the projects by trying to please everyone.

Honestly, I’m not saying that Kjun and his team aren’t doing well, I’m saying that sometimes I get the feeling they’re shooting in the dark trying to keep everyone happy, and in the end they’ll succeed in making the game lose its identity.

If a forum exists, it should be listened to, read, and taken into account, and especially interact with them beyond a message every X time. Getting into Discord to interact is getting into a lawless city where most things are nonsense that aren’t worth it and in the end they frustrate you. Here people are critical, pay attention to what’s happening, and try to communicate with each other, and although it’s also been divided here, at least I’ve noticed a closeness.

I’m not sure what direction Inzoi is taking or what the future plan is, but it seems very heavy to me and in the end playing becomes boring because of the bugs, because of what’s missing, because of the errors, and because of the content.

I sincerely hope that little by little they improve everything and in the end give the life and light that a project like this deserves without forgetting why and how it was born.

For now, from my discouragement, I’ve closed it and I don’t think I’ll play again until I see progress, whatever it may be. Similarly, I don’t think I’ll participate in the forum the way I’d like because given what I’ve seen, why would I?

I hope time helps and in a season I see significant improvements in every way that motivate me to reopen the games.

I wish the team good work and send them lots of strength. I hope they find a good path.

4 Likes

I’ve been having similar thoughts lately myself. But then I told myself this: "What if you weren’t even on this forum at all — would you get disappointed? No, you’d just play what’s there, accepting the shortcomings and thinking, ‘Well, this feature isn’t implemented very conveniently (it’s buggy, permanently broken…), but that means I won’t touch that part of the game, or I’ll find some workarounds.’ With The Sims, that’s exactly how it was — I never participated in any communities that asked the developers for anything. I just accepted as a given that new things appear there, plus people make mods for everything else.

So the main reason for disappointment is the feeling that we’re not being heard here. But if instead of trying to contribute something of your own, you just try (at least temporarily) to accept the game as it is, with all that “this is inconvenient, and this doesn’t work, but I’ll just wait and do something else in the game in the meantime” — then it suddenly becomes much easier. And then you can just play without worrying that “we’re not being heard and they’re not making what I personally want.”

Just change your approach. If my ideas passed through @Minthyuyu don’t get heard on Discord either — I won’t ask for anything more. But that’s unlikely to make me quit the game. It’s just that the perception will be a bit different. It won’t be “our game,” strange as that sounds, but “their game, which I happen to look into” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Precisely that’s what I’ve been talking about for a long time — that you have to give it time, that there are parallel lines, and that it’s fine if everything isn’t okay from the first moment.

What you’re advising is exactly what I think many people should do before crying out and claiming there’s only one path.

My decision isn’t about whether people listen to me or not, it’s because I think that by trying to please everyone, they end up killing the idea, and unfortunately that’s something we see in many games these days.

As a side note, I need to figure out how to remove the notifications that I didn’t turn off lol.

I hope that over time this takes shape and we can do something more than what was discussed.

1 Like

For me the main worry is that they are trying to please too many players requests instead of working on the vision they had in the first place and swapping and changing things , point in main for me is they added all those silly pointless little animations each single time your zoi does something it likes or its mood changes , which in turn totally break immersion and gameplay ,( all because a few posted they wanted more involved zoi ) And then talking on the phone to no one or washing clean plates

3 Likes