Random crashes with no mod and smart ZOI off

  • Game Version: default public version (May 08 2026)

  • Platform: Steam windows

  • Mods: never used

  • Hardware Specifications & Operating System: 13400F, 4070Ti, 32Gb RAM

  • Details:

Hello,

I would need your help with crashes everytime I played the game. My PC does have a decent config but I have crashes everytime I play.

It happens very randomly that I cannot figure out why. I have the latest NVIDIA driver, shader cache is cleared everytime as well.

Here are my crash logs

Crash logs

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hello Duyan2211. Sorry this is happening to you. Could you tell me if you have anything else open on top of inZoi?

Your specs should definitely be enough to run the game, so if the crashes are random, I would try checking a few things beyond shader cache:

Hi! I checked the crash files and the main clue is that this is a GPU crash, not a normal gameplay/script crash. The crash context says:

CrashType: GPUCrash
ErrorMessage: GPU Crash dump Triggered

Your RTX 4070 Ti does not look like it was running out of VRAM in this crash. The log shows around 7.4 GB VRAM used out of an 11.2 GB budget, and the GPU temperature was only 62°C with no throttling, so it does not look like overheating either but I am not an expert at all, I run this through AI to try and help while the team gets to this.

I would try GPU/DX12 stability steps:

  1. Disable all overlays: Steam, Discord, GeForce Experience/NVIDIA App, MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner.

  2. Remove any GPU overclock/undervolt and test fully stock.

  3. Try a clean NVIDIA driver install using DDU, or test one older stable driver.

  4. Lower/disable the heaviest graphics options temporarily, especially ray tracing/Lumen/reflections/shadows.

  5. Cap FPS to 60 or 90 to reduce GPU spikes.

  6. Verify Steam files.

  7. Make sure Windows, chipset drivers, and BIOS are up to date.

I checked the second crash logs too and it appears to be the same type of failure as your previous report: a D3D12/GPU crash rather than a memory or overheating issue.

Your GPU temperature was only 66°C, VRAM usage was well below the available budget, and system RAM was also within normal limits when the crash occurred. It could even be an issue with DX12 as well.

Thank you for reporting, hopefully we will get you a solution!